Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who is Alisa?

Hmm, a question I seem to ask myself everyday. My name is Alisa Fleming and I am the founder of GoDairyFree.org and the author of the book "Dairy Free Made Easy." I was born with a milk allergy that just didn’t seem to go away. Luckily, I view it as a blessing in disguise. My brief stint on dairy turned disastrous, while my return to dairy-free living has been delicious and so much more enjoyable.


To be honest, even if my allergy disappeared, I still wouldn’t go back to eating milk products. I feel so much better, my diet is full of interesting foods and flavors, and quite frankly the taste of milk-based products just doesn't do it for me anymore. To say that my cravings have vanished would be an understatement. I actually find the sight of yellowing milk and the smell of cheese quite repulsive.

Beyond the diet, I am a writer and a financial analyst with a bachelor’s degree in business finance. I enjoy research on topics from nutrition to corporate financials, and many things in between. I have written content for doctors and reports for public accounting purposes. Along with Go Dairy Free, I am an author for the Well Fed Network, and currently working with a developing company that invests in entrepreneurs and small businesses.

Personally, I have an incredible husband and a fantastic cat. Yes, we are cat people, no kids as of yet. I love to play women’s soccer both indoor and out, an obsession I hope to never outgrow. A nearby women’s soccer tournament had an over-65 division with ages up to 79! I also enjoy baking (bread, muffins, cookies, you name it) and hope to continue with my international travels very soon. Asia and Australia are still very foreign to me, something I would like to take care of.

Go Dairy Free has become more than a one-man show, though I am the key editor. So, if there is anything in the non-dairy world that you are looking for or would like to share, just let me know. In the mean time, I hope that you enjoy the website and my blog!

No comments: