Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Namaste saves the day!

I was feeling less than inspirational about my food options today. My refrigerator is running low on fruits and veggies, and nothing really sounded good. That is until I remembered the Namaste Foods Muffin Mix I had scheduled for trials.

I whipped these up in a matter of minutes (10 to prepare, 15 to bake). They were dairy-free, gluten-free, and corn-free, so they fit well into my current diet. Okay, they had a bit of sugar (evaporated cane juice specifically), but really, at 9 grams of sugar per sizable muffin, these weren’t outrageously dessert-like.

My new silicone muffin baker worked like a charm, popping out restaurant quality muffins with ease. The results…well…you can see the product review for more details, but they were pretty darn good! I went back for seconds at teatime.

After snacking on a small salad (using the rest of the lettuce, garbanzos, and avocado I had in the fridge – the veggies really were getting low) I spotted Lundberg’s Florentine Risotto in the cupboard. I cooked up some carrots and the small bit of ground turkey we had on hand, stirred it into the risotto once cooked, and voila! Lunch is served.

Dinner is looking a little iffy though. Luckily, we have a big grocery shopping trip planned after the gym tomorrow. I have been making a valiant attempt to “feng shui” all of my outings. It seems to save on time and gas, but our fridge really is empty! We may need to go on a walk for some Asian food tonight, darn!

No comments: